Monday, July 26, 2010

Dreaming in Black and White (and Green!)

Tomorrow we find out if my baby is a boy or girl. I am SOOO excited!!! Along with the excitement of the baby, I have jumped head first into ideas for the nursery. So far, I think I know at least the basics (furniture, color, basic design).

To start with, I really like this crib (in espresso)... It has a nice shape to it without appearing to look like a little prison (which some cribs do!) I'm leaning toward the espresso because the room has cream walls and carpet. Unfortunately that's one of the joys of living in an apartment. I am thinking about painting one wall BRIGHT green or pink (obviously dependent on boy or girl) and adding black circle wall appliques. Did I mention that this is not your typical nursery? :-)

I also really like the idea of having a dresser that I can use as a changing table as well. I don't really see the point of having a piece of furniture that I only use on occasion and then the baby out grows in a year. I would love to get an older dresser at a consignment and refurbish it with a new stain and drawer knobs.

Then, I was looking at bedding along these lines... Though the only thing missing with this set is that I would love to incorporate some polka-dots.
For example, this bedding uses the polka-dots but I think the way they have the damask may be too dark. But I love the use of stripes and polka-dots together.

Then just to make it even more challenging, there are bedding sets like this one that I love and would be adorable in a little girls room. Of course, this one is more expensive than I want to spend on bedding (though if someone got it for me as a present I wouldn't mind) haha?

All this to show that I love the "nesting" part of pregnancy. I adore looking up ideas and then implementing them in our little space that will be transformed from an incomplete office into an adorable and wonderfully inviting nursery for our little one. My husband makes fun of me because I am so eager to start working on the nursery and I am only 20 weeks along. I just remind him that the sooner I have it together, the sooner it is done. :-) Besides, who wants to put furniture together when they are 8 or 9 months along?! Oh, this is all so much fun. I can't wait to see how it turns out and what my final decisions will be!

No comments: