Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dance with the King

This song by Beckah Shae is the epitome of my prayer for my daughter. Each night, as I rock her gently to try to help her sleep, I pray. I thank God for every little thing about her, from her tiny fingers and toes to the sweet little snores that she makes. But more than anything, I pray that she will know God. I pray that she will see who He is from a young age and seek after Him with all her heart for the rest of her life.

That is my prayer for my daughter. And how great is it that we have a promise like this for each and every one of us? The King of creation has prepared a place for each of us. He desires to wrap his arms around us and welcome us in, overwhelming us with his love. How great is Jesus that He died so we could have this dance. I'm just amazed and in awe of the love of my Savior.

Dance with the King by Beckah Shae

Come! Come In!
You’re invited into this room to dance.
The King has prepared all this for you.
He’s been waiting for you.
Won’t you come!!!

Can you feel His love around you?
His arms stretched out and reaching for you?
There’s only peace in this place.

Listen close, you’ll hear the sweet sounds,
Of heavens angels singing all around,
Welcoming you to this dance.

Halleluiah, You have ravished my heart.
Round and round we go,
to the sound of Oh,
Halleluiah!

Peace that’s surpassing all understanding,
Joy unspeakable, and Love Everlasting!
This is where you belong,
Right here close to His heart!

Can you feel His love surround you?
His arms held tight and wrapped around you?
There’s only Love in this place.

Beautiful and worthy are you,
To the Great I Am before you.
Come rest in His delight.

Matthew 22:1-14
2 Samuel 6:14
Revelation 22:17
Psalm 30:11
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: